China's Internet giants are increasingly investing in a hardware ecosystem for control of Internet portals on various connected devices. Strategy planners in semiconductor vendors should seek to create a direct and successful partnership with key Internet giants for lucrative business opportunities.
Market Trends: China's Internet Giants Reveal Influential Investment in Hardware to Control the Ecosystem of Smartphones and IoT Devices
- Key Findings
- The Rising Mobile Ecosystem of China's Internet Giants Will Stimulate Strategic Alliances
- Competition Will Expand to Emerging Markets by Collaborating or Investing, and Exporting Manufacturers and Foreign Local Brands
- Mobile Internet Will Provide the Key Initiative for Connecting IoT Devices in China
- The Latest Strategic Partnerships Between Internet Companies and Hardware OEMs Will Help Decrease the Price of Smartphones and IoT Devices
- Established Hardware OEMs Will Shift Business Focus From Hardware-Centric to Customer-Service-Centric
- Semiconductor Vendors Will Enhance Direct Partnerships With Major Chinese Internet Companies
- Semiconductor Vendors' Differentiated Platform Capabilities Will Help Its Service Partners Protect Their Innovations
- Internet Companies Must Manage Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Distribution Effectively
Vendors to Watch
- Qihoo 360
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.