TV is a strong growth and revenue engine for CSPs. However, digitalization is disrupting the TV value chain, turning all stakeholders into content distributors. CSP strategists must focus on three key pillars for success — user interface/experience, business model and content.
- Trend 1: Innovative User Interface and User Experience Are Key Differentiators
- Advanced Search Capabilities, Personalization and Recommendations
- Interactivity and Social Media Integration
- The Content Viewing Experience
- Trend 2: Diversity in Business Models Drives Growth
- Bundling and Packaging
- Pricing Models
- Free, Freemium and Advertising
- Trend 3: CSPs Make Major Content Investments to Compete on Breadth of Entertainment
- Premium and Exclusive Content
- Key Content Partnerships, JVs and Acquisitions
- Alternative Contents and Formats
- Content Acquisition and Curation
Vendors to Watch
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.