This research contains high-level End-User Computing cost efficiency and support staff productivity ratios for organizations managing operations internally. Information provided was collected between 2011 and 2015 from a global audience of CIOs and IT leaders.
- IT Key Metrics Data Research Background
- IT Key Metrics Data Key Infrastructure Measures Overview
- Using This Research
- Gartner IT Key Metrics Data Series
- IT Key Metrics Data Source
- End-User Computing Analysis Framework
- Non-personnel Costs
- Personnel Costs/FTEs
- End-User Computing Cost as a Percent of Total IT Cost
- Annual End-User Computing Cost per Personal Computing Device
- End-User Computing Cost Distribution
- Personal Computing Device Distribution: Desktop Versus Laptop Versus Tablet and Thin Clients
- End-User Computing FTEs as a Percent of Total IT FTEs
- Salaries and Benefits Cost per End-User Computing FTE
- End-User Computing FTE Distribution: Insourced Versus Contractor
- Personal Computing Devices per End-User Computing FTE
- Appendix: Exploring Gartner's Prescriptive Benchmark Analytics Capabilities
- Gartner Benchmark Analytics Select Case Studies
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.