This document serves as a defining guide to the 21 industry sectors identified in IT Key Metrics Data 2016 research and the Gartner ITBudget comparison tool.
- How Does Your IT Organization Stack Up Against the Competition?
- Gartner’s ITBudget Tool: Compare Your IT Metrics to Your Industry
- IT Key Metrics Data Key Industry Measures Overview
- Gartner IT Key Metrics Data Series
Definitions of IT Key Metrics Data Vertical Industry Sectors
- Banking and Financial Services
- Construction, Materials and Natural Resources
- Consumer Products
- Food and Beverage Processing
- Government — National/International
- Government — State/Local
- Healthcare Providers
- Industrial Electronics and Electrical Equipment
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Media and Entertainment
- Pharmaceuticals, Life Sciences and Medical Products
- Professional Services
- Retail and Wholesale
- Software Publishing and Internet Services
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.