This research contains enterprise-level IT investment, cost and staffing metrics for 21 vertical industries in the midmarket, collected throughout 2015 from a global audience of CIOs and IT leaders. It provides an overall summary of the ITKMD Key Industry Measures SMB published research.
- How Does Your IT Organization Stack Up Against Peers of the Same Size and Industry?
- IT Key Metrics Data Research Background
- IT Key Metrics Data Key Industry Measures Overview
- Using This Research
- Gartner’s ITBudget Tool: Compare Your IT Metrics to Your Industry
- Gartner IT Key Metrics Data Series
- IT Key Metrics Data Source
- Data Variations
- 2015 IT Investment Measures
- Total IT Spending/Budget Definition
- Points of Clarification
- IT Intensity
- IT Spending as a Percent of Revenue, 2015
- IT Spending as a Percent of Operating Expense, 2015
- IT Spending per Employee, 2015
- IT Budget Distributions: Uncover the Facts
- IT Operational Versus Capital Spending
- Strategic IT Spending Categories: IT Spending to Run the Business, IT Spending to Grow the Business and IT Spending to Transform the Business
- IT Spending Distribution: Hardware, Software, Personnel and Outsourcing, 2015
- Distribution of IT Cost by IT Functional Area
- IT Portfolio Trends: Staffing
- IT Full-Time Equivalents as a Percent of Employees
- Distribution of IT FTEs: Insourced Versus Contractor, 2015
- Distribution of IT Staff by IT Functional Area
- Related IT Key Metrics Data Research
- Appendix: Exploring Gartner's Prescriptive Benchmark Analytics Capabilities
- Gartner Benchmark Analytics Select Case Studies
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.