Data-driven marketing is still in its adolescence, but the savviest marketers have graduated from hiring and building to scaling, activating and optimizing. Use this segmentation analysis from our Data-Driven Marketing Survey to learn how the best marketers focus their time, tools and teams.
- Leading Companies Realize the Benefits of Scale, With Larger and More Experienced Data Teams
- Growth Is Leveling Off as Leaders Plan to Slow Hiring and Focus on Efficiency
- Leaders Lean More on External Service Providers as Ambition Outstrips Capacity and Requirements Grow More Complex
- The Best Marketers Continue to Buy and Sell Data More Often Than Others and to Acquire More Data From Brokers
- Leaders' Data Acquisition Stresses Two Areas: Customer-Focused Insights and Media
- No Single Organization Structure Shines, but Leaders Maintain Strong Ties With IT Even as They See Its Role in Marketing Analytics Diminishing
- What to Do Next
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.