Gartner conducted a global survey to understand where enterprises are on their path to becoming a digital business, and how they have adapted the IT workforce to meet that goal. CIOs and business leaders can learn from the trends presented here to help hasten the transition to digital business.
Survey Analysis: CIOs Are Reshaping IT Workforce Profiles for Digitalization
- Key Findings
- Nearly Half of Enterprises Are Embracing Digitalization With a Defined Digital Business Strategy
- Resources Are Being Realigned to Build Capabilities That Improve Customer Experience and Enable Product Leadership
- Jobs in Critical Need Today Indicate Renovating the IT Core Is a Top Priority for Digitalization
- Most IT Organizations Expect Growth in the "Versatilist" Profile
- CIOs Are Exploring Different Approaches to Sourcing, Acquiring and Developing Digital Expertise
- Methodology and Respondent Profiles
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.