Smart machines offer huge potential benefits to early adopters within financial services, even with regulators barring banks from some use cases. CIOs must proactively prioritize potential investments in smart machines and begin pilots in 2016.
Impact and Recommendations
- Most banks will invest in the six main types of smart machines during the next few years, mandating that CIOs and other business leaders work together to determine how to exploit each
- 1. Smart Vision Systems
- 2. Virtual Customer Assistants
- 3. Virtual Personal Assistants
- 4. Smart Advisors
- 5. Other Natural-Language Processing Technologies
- 6. Smart Campus Infrastructure
- Additional Sample Banking Industry Uses of Smart-Machine Technology
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.