Published: 22 January 2016
Demand for digital business solutions and the forces of IT consumerization are placing potent application development tools in the hands of business users. Technical professionals should harness the power of these citizen developers to improve the exploitation of IT and to contribute to bimodal IT.
Included in Full Research
- Citizen Development Is the Solution to Shadow IT
- The Clouds Are Parting for IT and the Citizen Developer
- Living in IT's Shadow: Double Meanings and Damaging Perceptions
- "IT Outsiders" Are Full Citizens in Bimodal Solution Delivery
- The Citizen Can Contribute to Mode 2 — Can You?
- Citizen Developers Are Not Lost at Sea
- Citizen Developers Need Different Tools
- Key Citizen Developer Solution Scenarios
- The Right Infrastructure for Citizen Developers
- Service or API Libraries Enable Citizen Developers
- Middleware Platforms for Citizen Developers
- Citizen Developer Infrastructure Isn't "Fire and Forget"
- Embrace Citizen Development, and Differentiate It From "Shadow IT"
- Create Infrastructure and Services to Support Safe Citizen Development
- Adopt Agile Practices, and Include Citizen Developers in the Flow