Two new variants of Oracle's Unlimited License Agreements, called Perpetual Unlimited License Agreement and ULA to PaaS, differ from the traditional ULA in term, use, certification and risk. Gartner's best practices for procurement leaders ensure ULAs are only selected when most effective.
- But Times Are Changing: Technology and Customer Cloud Adoption Has Caused a ULA Tipping Point
- How Oracle's ULA to PaaS and PULA Change the Future ULA Options and Costs
- Gartner's Understanding of ULA to PaaS
- Oracle's Perpetual Unlimited License Agreement
- What You Need to Know About Oracle's Unlimited License Agreements
- Potential Advantages of the Unlimited License Agreement
- Potential Disadvantages of the Unlimited License Agreement
- Develop Realistic Growth Projections for Oracle Technology
- Accumulate and Validate Current License Usage and Entitlements
- Develop a Business-as-Usual and Growth Projection Model to Analyze Your ULA Proposal
- Business-as-Usual Modeling Sets a Baseline
- Will You Fail to Maximize Your ULA?
- Ensure That You Capture the Full Business as Usual
- Engage Stakeholders Early to Gain Necessary Time to Negotiate Terms and Conditions That Provide for Future Flexibility
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.