The expanding device mesh and the need to deliver continuous and ambient experiences to support digital business are driving changes to application architectures. As part of a series on the most significant technologies for 2016, we describe how enterprise architecture leaders must prepare.
- Why Mesh App and Service Architecture Is a Top 10 Trend
- Where Mesh App and Service Architecture Fits in the Top 10
- The Shift to Apps, Services, APIs and Software-Defined Models
- Miniservices and Microservices for Modular Design
- OS Container Virtualization and Docker Promote Enhanced Portability
- Mesh Architectures Bring Together Cloud, Mobile, IoT and More
- Appendix: The Other Top Strategic Technology Trends for 2016
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.