Digital business solutions, which combine the physical world with business systems, are the next major wave of new technology. These IoT solutions are inherently "connected" and require architects to prepare for integration from the physical "edge" to the enterprise and all points in between.
- There Is Not One Internet of Things
- Integration Is a Requirement for IoT Solutions
- What's So Different About Integration in IoT solutions?
- How Do IoT Solutions Differ From Mobile or Web Application Integration?
- How Are IoT Solutions Similar to Mobile or Web Application Integration?
- Three Primary Dimensions of IoT Integration
- IoT Integration Scenarios
- Cross-Cutting Integration Constraints for IoT Solutions
- At the Edge
- Integration Between Edge and Platform
- Integration Between Platform and Enterprise
- Other Scenarios
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.