Digital business initiatives require new application investments. Gartner's survey data can help marketing leaders discover organizations' plans for 2016 and answer two critical questions: Who are the key decision makers in buying digital business apps, and what are the critical success factors?
- Applications Are the Nexus of Digital Business Value — Their Role Is Crucial to Success
- Fulfilling Digital Business Initiatives Is a Shared Corporate Responsibility, but the CIO and IT Still Lead on Application Selection, Procurement and Implementation
- Digital Business Initiatives Will Drive Investment in Both Established and Emerging Application Markets
- Investments Will Increase for Every Existing Application Category — Top of the List: Mobile Apps, Business Analytic Apps and Smart Machines
- Leading Greenfield Opportunities Come From Investment in Smart Machines, IoT, Digital Marketing and Digital Platform Apps
- Internal Teams Are Leading Digital Business Initiatives, Creating New Market Structures for Application Software
- Buyers Look for the Best Fit Between Technology and Business Relevance, but Are They Ready to Single Out What That Is?
- What Buyers Currently Single Out as Effective Is What They Know as Effective in Their Predigital Transformation World
- Midsize Organizations Aim for Growth With Digital Business
- Supply Gap Exists in Business Intelligence and Analytics Apps for Midsize Organizations
- Differences in Business Strategies Reveal Digital Business Initiatives Will Focus on Different Areas for 2016
- Regional Differences on App Importance Reflect Different Maturity Phases Along the Digital Journey
- Digital Business Values Technology in a Very Different Way
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.