Buyers often struggle to understand the unique value that TSPs offer due to ineffective messaging. This research will help technology product marketing leaders understand the most common messaging mistakes and provide tactics to address them.
- Mistake 1 — "Ideal for Everyone"
- Mistake 2 — Communication Overload
- Mistake 3 — Empty Claims
- Mistake 4 — Confusing Comparisons
- Mistake 5 — Exclusive Self-Focus
- Addressing Mistakes Requires Focus and Commitment
- Establish a Strong, Yet Simple, Positioning Framework to Guide Messaging Efforts
- Clarify and Document When and Why Content Should Be Used in Terms of Roles, Buying Situations and Activity Streams
- Perform Four Messaging Tests on a Regular Basis to Identify When Adjustments Are Needed
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.