Indian enterprises cannot ignore DDoS attacks any longer. Security managers and network architects must protect their networks from increasingly sophisticated attacks that may include volumetric attacks and targeted web-application-based attacks as well.
- Motivation for DDoS Attacks
- Types of DDoS Attacks
- Determine If the Current ISP Providers Offer Protective DDoS Mitigation Services
- Develop DDoS Incidence Response and Recovery Plans Compatible With a Service Provider
- Consider Deploying a Hybrid Approach (Cloud and On-Premises) for DDoS Detection and Mitigation
- Utilize the Existing Network Security Equipment Along With an External Layer of DDoS Mitigation
- Utilize Managed DDoS On-Premises Appliance Services
- Monitor the Availability of CDN Providers in This Region With Local Resources for Mitigation
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.