Published: 30 June 2016
Moving IT services to IaaS, PaaS and SaaS cloud providers profoundly affects the roles and responsibilities of IT. This document provides guidance for IT infrastructure professionals (ITIPs) and managers on how to think about their roles, hone new skills and build a strategy for staying relevant.
Included in Full Research
- The Principal Challenges IT Must Address
- How Are CIOs Reducing IT Run Costs?
- How IT Service Migrations to Public Clouds Affect IT Infrastructure
- How IT Service Migrations to Public Clouds Impact IT Infrastructure Jobs and Roles
- How Does Cloud Migration Affect IT Skills Requirements?
- ITIP Career Survival Strategies for the Cloud Era
- Strategy 1: Do Nothing (Stay in Current Role, Deepening Skills)
- Strategy 2: Pursue a New Technical Staff Role and/or New Technical Skills
- Strategy 3: Stay in Current Role and Build "Soft" Nontechnical/Business Skills
- Strategy 4: Prepare for New or Emerging Management Roles