This Hype Cycle tracks the maturity and adoption rates of technology developments occurring in the U.S. healthcare payer market. Payer CIOs can use this research to stratify investments to become effective digital payers in a new competitive environment.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Healthcare Distributed Ledger and Blockchain
- BPaaS for Healthcare Payers
- Provider Network Management Applications
- Sales Channel Performance Analytics
- Retail Analytics for Healthcare Payers
- Automated Provider Payment
- Risk-Bearing Provider Entities
- Smart Health Plan Selector Tools
- At the Peak
- Generation 2 Medical Shopping
- Automated Premium Billing
- Cloud Strategy for Payers
- BPO Strategy
- Sliding Into the Trough
- B2C Technology Strategies
- Payment Integrity Solutions
- Clinical Data Integration
- Payer Self-Service Mobile Apps
- Next-Generation Core Administrative Systems
- Member Incentives for Wellness
- Climbing the Slope
- Generation 1 Medical Shopping Transparency Tools
- Private Exchange Technology
- Entering the Plateau
- Health and Wellness Systems
- Care Management Analytics
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.