Information governance is foundational for digital business and analytics programs. Success requires data and analytics leaders to change their organizations' behaviors, adopt a proven roadmap and measure success along the way.
- 1. Communicate Widely, Clearly and Often
- 2. Tie to the Corporate Strategy
- 3. Build a Business Case
- 4. Measure Program Progress
- 5. Assign Authority and Resources
- 6. Use the EIM Building Blocks to Frame the Program
- 7. Start the Program With a Specific Project
- 8. Don't Start With a Blank Sheet of Paper
- 9. Use Examples of Other Successful Projects
- 10. Anticipate and Learn How to Overcome Resistance
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.