The array of automation technologies in the IT market continues to expand, creating increased confusion. I&O leaders should proactively identify the correct automation technologies for their specific goals and objectives as part of an intentional strategic initiative.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- DevOps Toolchain Orchestration
- Network Configuration Automation
- Algorithmic IT Operations (AIOps) Platforms
- Continuous Delivery
- IT Service Orchestration
- Management SDS
- Composable Infrastructure
- Heuristic Automation
- Unified Endpoint Management
- Application Release Automation
- Virtual Network Configuration Automation
- At the Peak
- Container Management
- Continuous Configuration Automation
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Hybrid Cloud Computing
- IT Workload Automation
- Cloud Management Platforms
- Configuration Auditing
- Network Configuration and Change Management Tools
- Cloud Migration Tools
- IT Process Automation Tools
- Enterprise Mobility Management Suites
- Climbing the Slope
- Patch Management
- Server (Life Cycle) Automation
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.