Smart machine technologies for automated knowledge capture, plus natural and rich ways to make that knowledge available, promise a new way to enhance our capacity for effective action — with less effort. KM initiative leaders need to understand and take advantage of these technologies.
Impacts and Recommendations
- Through new technologies for automated knowledge capture and representation, raw data and rich media have become relevant knowledge sources
- Smart machine technologies for contextual and personalized interaction are creating new options for knowledge dissemination
- Smart machine technologies for active guidance promise end-to-end automated knowledge management
- These technologies' emergence will create a cacophony of alluring claims inviting KM initiative leaders to invest their limited resources
- A. Technologies for Automated Knowledge Capture and Representation
- B. Technologies for Contextual and Personalized Knowledge Dissemination
- C. Technologies for Active Guidance and End-to-End Knowledge Management
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.