CIOs, digital business leaders and HR leaders can apply 10 foundational principles and actionable advice to the design and implementation of effective talent management programs for digitalization.
- Truth No. 1: A Compelling Vision and a Clearly Defined Digital Business Strategy Should Drive Every Decision Made About the Organization and Its People
- Truth No. 2: Digital Mindset and Competencies, Not Technical Skills, Drive the Digital Edge in Performance
- Truth No. 3: Digital Business Demands a Shift From Command-and-Control Leadership to Enable-and-Collaborate Leadership
- Truth No. 4: Agility Is the Principle Design Element for Organizing and Mobilizing People for Digital Business
- Truth No. 5: Most Organizations Don't Have Enough Versatilists to Transform to a Digital Business
- Truth No. 6: Diverse Workforce Generates Diverse Ideas and Innovative Solutions
- Truth No. 7: Every Digital Business Must Have a Digital Workplace to Drive Employee Engagement and Effectiveness
- Truth No. 8: An HR and IT Partnership Is Critical to Bring Talent and Business Intelligence Together to Create an Edge in Digital Business
- Truth No. 9: A Talent Ecosystem Must Embrace "Social" to Cultivate Digital Expertise
- Truth No. 10: Teams Must Be Recognized and Rewarded Based on Teamwork and Value Contribution to the Digital Business
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.