Field service management software is specialized for organizations that send technicians to customer locations to repair or maintain equipment. IT leaders can use this research to understand the key capabilities and the benefits their organization can derive from each functionality category.
- Gather Work Order Demand in One Place Through Proactive Monitoring
- Use Advanced Scheduling, Supply Chain and Forecasting Tools to Keep Customers Informed and to Reduce Incoming Calls
- Use Mobile Technician Enablement to Help Technicians Arrive Prepared and React to Unexpected Needs
- Bring Your Work Order Debrief Process Into the Digital Age
- Improve Field Service Office Operations
- Measure Performance to Continuously Improve
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.