As this year's Hype Cycle clearly indicates, the field of in-memory computing is extremely innovative. Adoption grows — favored by decreasing costs, availability of open-source enablers and vendors' vigor.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- New Hype Cycle Entries
- Changes to Existing Hype Cycle Entries
- On the Rise
- Next-Generation Memory
- IMC-Enabled MDM
- IMC-Enabled, Packaged CRM Applications
- In-Process HTAP
- Cloud IMDG Services
- At the Peak
- Cloud Event Processing Services
- Real-Time Analytics
- IMC-Enabled Packaged ERP Applications for FCPM and SCPM
- Web-Scale Application Architecture
- Point-of-Decision HTAP
- Event Stream Processing
- IMC-Enabled Packaged SCP Applications
- In-Memory Computing
- Solid-State DIMMs
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Operational In-Memory DBMS
- Scale-Out/Scale-Up In-Memory
- Hybrid DIMMs
- Analytical In-Memory DBMS
- Climbing the Slope
- High-Performance Message Infrastructure
- IMC-Enabled Application Infrastructure
- Solid-State Arrays
- In-Memory Data Grids
- Visual Data Discovery
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.