Many network communications service providers are pursuing mergers and acquisitions. With more than half of all synergy-relevant integration activities critically dependent on IT, CSP CIOs play a crucial role in delivering successful integrations.
- Ensure Factors for Achieving Successful Integration Are Considered and Understood Early in the Merger Process
- Consider Factors Impacting the Realization of IT Synergies
- Establish a Decision Framework and Communicate Expectations
- Ensure the Project Is "Business-Led"
- Balance Short-Term Synergies With Longer-Term Digital Process Transformation
- Identify and Prioritize Synergy Opportunities Within IT Domains
- Achieving IT Synergies
- Balance the Need for Quick Wins With Longer-Term Synergies
- Achieving Domain-Based Synergies
- Workforce Management
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.