Digital business, 24/7 operations, cyberattacks and more business disruptions are switching the conversation from recovery to resilience. Business continuity and IT professionals can use this Hype Cycle to target solutions that fulfill their availability and resilience needs.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Web-Scale Operations
- Continuous Delivery
- Immutable Infrastructure
- Spatial Computing
- Cloud Data Backup
- IT Service Orchestration
- Management SDS
- OS Containers
- Serverless Infrastructure
- Geospatial Platform
- At the Peak
- Container Management
- Recovery Assurance
- Software-Defined Perimeter
- Web-Scale Application Architecture
- Software-Defined Data Center
- Software-Defined Infrastructure
- Software-Defined Anything (SDx)
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Mobile Satellite Services
- Virtual Machine Resilience
- IT Vendor Risk Management
- Operational Technology Security
- IT Service Dependency Mapping
- Cloud Management Platforms
- Virtual Machine Backup and Recovery
- IT Service Failover Automation for DR
- Long-Distance Live VM Migration
- Disaster Recovery as a Service
- Cloud Migration Tools
- Secure Web Gateways
- Workforce Resilience
- Hazard Risk Analysis and Communication Services
- Climbing the Slope
- BCM Planning Solutions
- Crisis/Incident Management Platforms
- Humanitarian Disaster Relief
- Ka Band Satellite Communications
- Emergency/Mass Notification Services
- IT Service Alerting
- Load Forecasting
- Continuous Data Protection
- Outage Management Systems
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.