Marketing leaders must balance the execution of personalized, real-time engagements against consumer privacy concerns. Use this research to properly deploy personification for stronger business results — while protecting customer privacy, ensuring compliance and safeguarding your brand's reputation.
- Distinguish Among Personalization Strategies According to Their Data Requirements and Privacy Implications
- How Do Personification and Personalization Differ?
- Why Is Personification Important?
- How Does Personification Work?
- Where to Start
- Adopt a Privacy-by-Design Approach to Customer Experience and Analytics, Making Privacy a First-Order Priority When Creating Strategic Plans for Customer Data Management
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.