IT service support management tools enable infrastructure and operations organizations to support and deliver IT services. To choose the correct tool, I&O leaders should determine which of the popular ITSSM products are best-suited to their I&O maturity levels.
What You Need to Know
- Critical Capabilities Use-Case Graphics
- Axios Systems assyst v.10.7
- BMC Remedy Service Management Suite v.9.1.00
- BMC Remedyforce Summer 15
- CA Service Management v.14.1.02
- Cherwell Service Management v.8.02
- EasyVista IT Service Manager 2015
- Heat Service Management v.2015.2
- HPE Service Anywhere March 2016
- HPE Service Manager v.9.41
- IBM Control Desk v.7.6
- Landesk Service Desk v.2016
- ServiceNow Service Management Suite, Geneva Release
- Product/Service Class Definition
- Critical Capabilities Definition
- Incident and Problem Management
- Change and Release Management
- Configuration Management
- Self-Service/Request Fulfillment
- IT Knowledge Management
- Reporting and SLA Management
- Process and Workflow Design
- Data Source/ITOM Tool Integration
- Total Cost of Ownership
- User Experience and Flexibility
- Use Cases
- Basic-Maturity I&O
- Intermediate-Maturity I&O
- High-Maturity I&O
- Basic Digital Workplace ITSSM
- Advanced Digital Workplace ITSSM
- Vendors Added and Dropped
- Critical Capabilities Rating
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.