Published: 30 August 2016
The website remains the most effective marketing channel for all stages of the digital commerce customer journey, with social media ranked a close second. Marketers must continue to invest in enhancing web experiences while optimizing spend on social and mobile tactics that yield the best results.
Included in Full Research
- Digital Commerce Marketers Are Highly Engaged in Setting Strategy and Owning the P&L, Followed Closely by Sales or Business Unit Leadership
- The Website Is the Leading Channel for Awareness and Advocacy, Followed by Social Media, With Email Marketing Trailing Events in Nearly Every Stage of the Customer Journey
- Social Sites Drive Traffic, Not Conversion, While Ratings and Reviews Rank as Highly Effective in Delivering Digital Commerce Results
- Online-to-Offline Mobile Connection Technologies (Beacons, QR Codes, NFC) Lag in Adoption and Performance Compared to Well-Known Digital Tactics Adapted for Mobile
- Mobile Marketing Investment Priorities Differ Greatly Between Digital Commerce Marketers and Those at Brands That Don't Track Commerce Revenue