Direct collaboration between vendors and the business can deliver real value, but it also introduces risks if oversight is not maintained. IT vendor management leaders need to facilitate a risk-conscious approach to working with vendors by establishing vendor rules of engagement.
- Develop Engagement Rules for Employees and Vendors That Encourage Collaboration While Protecting Intellectual Property, Commercial Leverage and Corporate Reputation
- Establish Vendor Engagement Rules for Your Employees
- Establish and Implement a Vendor Code of Conduct
- Showcase Your Vendor Rules of Engagement
- Implement Light-Touch Oversight to Identify High-Risk Vendors and Facilitate Governance
- Encourage and Reward an Environment of Risk-Conscious Collaboration Between Your Organization's Staff and Vendors
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.