Stop your RPA projects from going off track — or worse, failing to solve problems they were never capable of fixing. Enterprise architects and technology innovation leaders should use this guide to position their RPA projects for success.
- Capitalizing on RPA
- Definition of RPA Software
- Is It RPA or RPA "Washed" — Should You Care?
- Guideline 1: Formalize an Enterprise Automation Roadmap
- Guideline 2: Aspire for Revenue Generation, but Act on Short-Term Results Rapidly
- Guideline 3: Formalize IT Teams' Involvement as Early as Possible to Maximize Business Outcomes
- Essential IT Involvement
- Reasons IT Should Embrace RPA Concepts
- Guideline 4: Create a Joint IT and Business RPA Team
- Guideline 5: Get External Help and Build Internal Skills for RPA
- Guideline 6: Build the Business Case for RPA
- Guideline 7: Communicate What RPA Means to Your Organization
- Guideline 8: Visualize the Cycle of a Robot Deployment
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.