Technology service provider business-unit leaders are struggling to transform large, linear sales and delivery units into agile organizations that explore, innovate and exploit bimodal. Experiences matured by client organizations show major roadblocks, and appropriate actions are needed to fix them.
- Identify Siloed Practice Areas That Must Interact, Stimulate Cross-Collaboration and Select the Right Resources for Mode 2
- Communicate, Communicate, Communicate
- Focus on Cultural Change
- Develop Metrics to Measure Success
- Select Key Customers to Co-innovate, Leverage Customers' Business Priorities to Instill Urgency and Exploit Best Practices in Mode 2 to Drive the Transformation From Current Linear Processes to Bimodal
- Develop Bimodal Work Styles
- Introduce New Sales Techniques
- Synchronize Roadmaps and Leverage Investments With Selected Key Customers and Then Scale Up
- Embrace New Strategies to Engage
- Prioritize New Skills in Your Organization
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.