Proprietary controls and unique features make Office 365 mobile apps a challenge to integrate into an existing mobile app portfolio managed with a non-Microsoft EMM system. I&O leaders should use this guidance to determine the right MAM policies prior to deploying the Office 365 mobile apps.
- Evaluate Your Conditional Access, DLP, Authentication, Deployment and Life Cycle Management Requirements for All of Your Mobile Apps
- Office 365 Mobile App Proprietary Settings/Features
- Incorporate an Understanding of the Mechanisms That Underlie MAM Technology to Inform Your MAM Strategy
- Office 365 Mobile Apps Are Different
- Yet Office 365 Mobile Apps Are Not Different
- Use a "Lowest Common Denominator" Approach to Determining Your Office 365 MAM Requirements If You Have an Existing Managed Mobile App Portfolio
- What Does This Mean to My Office 365 App Management Strategy?
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.