Marketing leaders who are scaling distributed content marketing from experimental to operational need to streamline messaging and optimize efficiency to deliver results. A well-defined strategy and governance that weigh the trade-offs of centralization and decentralization are critical to success.
- Marketing Leaders Must Build on a Clear Content Marketing Strategy, Especially When Engaging a Distributed Team
- Determine Where Your Brand Will Benefit From Content Marketing Centralization or Decentralization
- Centralized Models
- Decentralized Models
- Hybrid Models
- Propose, Vet and Refine a Governance Approach and Toolset That Meet Global, Local and Channel Needs
- Jointly Define Governance
- Empower With Tools
- Use Case: Iron Mountain Uses Personas to Scale Content Across Business Units and Borders
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.