Automation techniques and tools deployed to enhance the quality and effectiveness of service delivery will reduce prices, while also creating opportunities for greater scale and profitability. Business unit leaders at IT service providers have a small window to ensure future competitiveness.
- Why Service Providers Are Moving Quickly to Embrace Service Delivery Automation
Impacts and Recommendations
- Through 2021, the majority of service providers will use intelligent automation service techniques, thus lowering the cost of commodity services by 15% to 25% annually
- Through 2021, cost savings from automation will range between 2% and 5%, which will further the ongoing deployment of automation
- Commodity IT and Business Process Services
- Transform/Redesign IT and Business Process Services
- Innovate IT and Business Process
- By 2018, more than 20% of service providers' delivery capacity will be consolidated because of service delivery automation, resulting in a reduction of resources
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.