Supply chain leaders heading organization redesign efforts want to know which supply chain organization structure is right to support operations and growth. Every supply chain is different, but use the four common organizing models this research outlines to kick-start your organization redesign.
- Identify and Implement the Appropriate Supply Chain Organization Model for Your Business
- Use the Decentralized Model When Each Supply Chain Has Differing Objectives
- Use the Center-Led Model to Create a Moderate Level of Standardization and Integration in Key Areas
- Use a Centralized Model Where There Is Stability in the Market Environment
- Adopt a Matrix Model When Organizing in Dynamic Markets
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.