Digital business initiatives have introduced a "do it yourself" attitude that is encouraging citizen integrators to promote their data integration work as enterprise-capable. Data and analytics leaders must establish a level of governance over these new data-as-a-service components.
- Identify Use Cases That Would Benefit From DaaS and Its Ability to Deliver Integrated Data From a Proliferation of Data Sources, and Then Expand and Complement Your Existing Data Management Strategy to Incorporate DaaS
- Use Targeted DaaS Components to Acquire Internal and External Data Sources in a Flexible Manner
- Investigate Existing Market Offerings That Have Advanced DaaS Provisioning Capabilities
- Use DaaS to Enable Building and Delivering Data Assets Representing Data Products Used in Analyses
- Inculcate These Guiding Principles and Best Practices for Applying DaaS and Mitigating Potential Issues and Risks With It
- Mitigate Potential Concerns and Risks With DaaS
Gartner Recommended Reading