Strategic planners at semiconductor chip vendors need to forge partnerships with semiconductor distributors that go beyond the traditional semiconductor distribution activity, including joint development and marketing of solutions targeting the IoT market.
- Semiconductor Distributors Are Entering the IoT Market With Custom Solutions
- Industry Consolidation Is Driving Semiconductor Distributors to Look at New Revenue Growth Opportunities
- Market Structure Trend
- Semiconductor Distributors Are Leveraging Their IT Solution Delivery Capability
- IT Solution Distributors Are Playing an Important Role in the IoT Solution Market
- Technology Trend
- Semiconductor Distributors Will Promote IoT Development Boards and Custom Reference Designs Through Their IT Solution Delivery Channels
- Semiconductor Distributors Will Leverage the Evolution of Hardware Production Environments to Create Tailor-Made IoT Endpoint Hardware
Vendors to Watch
- Arrow Electronics
- Kaga Electronics
- Tokyo Electron Device
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.