Data integration tools address a wide range of use cases that rely on key data delivery capabilities for their success. Application leaders need to understand the relative strengths that vendors exhibit across these capabilities in order to pick the right tools for their needs.
What You Need to Know
- Critical Capabilities Use-Case Graphics
- Information Builders
- Product/Service Class Definition
- Critical Capabilities Definition
- Bulk/Batch Data Movement
- Data Federation/Virtualization
- Message-Oriented Movement
- Data Replication/Synchronization
- Cloud Enablement
- Support for Big Data
- Use Cases
- BI, Analytics and (Logical) Data Warehousing
- Data Consistency Between Operational Applications
- Data or System Migrations and Consolidations
- Master Data Management
- Interenterprise Data Acquisition or Sharing
- Critical Capabilities Rating
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.