To attract buyers, technology product management leaders of DC infrastructure providers should differentiate by providing targeted automation and interoperability software to lower the cost of operating their products.
- Make Infrastructure Products Easy to Snap Into Popular Automation and Cloud Platforms by Providing Plug-Ins/Drivers, and Commit to Ongoing Support and Updates on New Release Schedules
- Open-Source Management Frameworks
- Software Vendor Management Frameworks
- Prioritize Configuration Management Technologies That Will Provide the Biggest Payback, and Actively Create, Modify, Review and Sponsor Automation Assets
- Invest in Research and Domain Experts to Build a Small, but Highly Impactful, Library of Automation for the Most Common Tasks Involving Infrastructure Products
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.