Segmentation is one of the most powerful concepts that can be applied to improve supply chain performance. Gartner looks at some of the best practices of one company that supply chain leaders can leverage when implementing an SCP segmentation initiative.
- Define the Approach
- Determine the Current Supply Chain Configurations
- Determine Performance Level for Current Supply Chain Configurations
- Formulate Ideal Supply Chain Configurations
- Determine How Products Are Currently Assigned to, and Performing in, the Ideal Supply Chain Configurations
- Determine Best Assignment of Products to Ideal Supply Chain Configurations
- Simulate and Socialize Business Benefits
- Ensure Your SCP Technology Roadmap Supports Segmentation
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.