Global value-added resellers have selectively offered customer rebate programs to top-tier enterprise clients; midsize/large enterprises are now asking suppliers for similar rebates. Technology product management leaders at VARs must evaluate their strategy to address this demand.
- Determine the Specific Conditions Where You Must Offer Customer Rebates or If Customer Rebates Are Unavoidable to Participate in an RFP
- Create and Maintain Assurances That Your Customer Rebate Program Is Competitive Versus Other VARs/Providers
- Aggregate Product Spend Rebates
- OEM/ISV-Specific Product Spend Rebates
- IT Services Rebates
- Standardize a Formal Response to Articulate to End Users Why You Are Not Offering a Customer Rebate Program, Especially When Specifically Requested in a Formal RFP Process
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.