Evaluating, implementing and optimizing a digital sales partner system — whether a full, end-to-end application or a point solution for channel sales — is challenging. Application leaders supporting sales should avoid these pitfalls for a more successful deployment.
- Before Implementation
- Realistic Targets and Objectives Are Not Set
- Lack of Management Commitment
- High-Complexities of Sales Partner Program and Technology
- False Belief That the PRM Application Will Be Welcomed by Sales Partners
- During Implementation
- Missing Ongoing Promotion to Foster Commitment and Involvement
- Implementation Executed All at Once
- Ignoring Sales Partner Feedback
- After Implementation
- Not Leveraging Analytics Provided by the PRM Application to the Fullest Extent Possible
- Lack of Attention Paid to Sales Partner Experience and Services
- Not Regularly Conducting Updates and Enhancements
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.