To holistically monitor VDI and DaaS environments, I&O leaders responsible for operation teams must apply multiple technologies, often resulting in incremental layers of monitoring techniques. Business-criticality of VDI and DaaS environments will dictate which layers of monitoring are essential.
- Deploy a "Patchwork Quilt" of Monitoring Solutions to Proactively Identify VDI and DaaS Issues
- Prioritize ITIM Tools for Core Infrastructure Monitoring
- Employing Dedicated VDI Server Monitoring
- Use In-Depth APM and NPMD Monitoring Tools for VDI and DaaS That Exploit End-User Experience Simulation, to Proactively Identify Users' Experience Issues
- Utilize Appropriate Tools for Protocol-Based Digital Experience Monitoring (DEM)
- Select Supplemental or More Complex Monitoring Tools to Ensure SLA Adherence, Based on Importance of Your VDI and DaaS to Your Business
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.