Planning, Selecting and Deploying Unified Communications and Collaboration Primer for 2017
Published: 16 January 2017
UCC solutions support enterprisewide, individual-user, workgroup, customer and partner needs. Application leaders responsible for UCC must balance offerings from strategic megavendors with best-of-breed "point" solutions to drive agility and competitive differentiation.
Table Of Contents
- Top Challenges and How Gartner Can Help
- How do we develop a UCC strategy and roadmap that is aligned with business priorities in collaboration with business partners?
- How do we select and deploy UCC technologies from the wide array of vendor portfolios and best-of-breed offerings?
- How do we fit key emerging technologies, such as cloud, mobile, video and consumer functionality, into our overall UCC strategy?
- How do we enable innovation within business units and workgroups, while ensuring continued operation of critical UCC functions?
- How do we integrate our UCC solution with key adjacent business initiatives, including customer service, the digital workplace, analytics and business process integration?
- Suggested First Steps
- Essential Reading
- Tools and Toolkits
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.