Influencing Strategic Business Change Primer for 2017
Published: 23 January 2017
CIOs are in a unique position to be change agents. However, they must move beyond simply running IT and engage in long-term growth and transformation planning as a part of board-level discussions.
Table Of Contents
- Top Challenges and How Gartner Can Help
- How do I build credibility as a C-suite player?
- How does IT ensure its workload is appropriately balanced, not just for running, but also for growing and transforming, the business?
- How does IT gain a view of the business, including mission-critical priorities?
- How does IT shift from having transactional relationships with the business units to having business consultative relationships?
- How do I become a leading corporate development player in driving technology company acquisitions?
- Suggested First Steps
- Essential Reading
- Tools and Toolkits
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.