Application and Data Security Primer for 2017
Published: 24 January 2017
Security and risk management leaders must address the complex risks to applications and data associated with digital business. This research strengthens security initiatives in DevOps, software supply chain protection, application security and data security governance.
Table Of Contents
- Top Challenges and How Gartner Can Help
- How do we engage disparate technologies to locate data and protect it across different environments while providing appropriate levels of security?
- How can adequate data protection levels be maintained as public clouds evolve?
- How do we comply with changing data residency and compliance requirements while storing and transferring data safely and affordably?
- How do we apply appropriate security and access controls to data across different application platforms and environments?
- How do we conduct application security testing, minimize postrelease errors and develop a reputation for superior quality?
- How do we acquire the correct technologies and services necessary to effectively implement an application security testing program?
- Suggested First Steps
- Essential Reading
- Tools and Toolkits
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.