This report highlights eight significant trends that will transform the security market. Technology product marketing leaders should use this document to identify market implications, and potential risks and opportunities, as the security landscape continues to evolve.
- Cognitive Computing and Smarter Security Analytics
- Digital Business Transformation
- Infrastructure Transformation
- Public Cloud Adoption Is Strong, Security Market Participants Are Taking Advantage of Scale and Agility of Cloud
- SDN Moves Toward Mainstream Adoption
- NFV Is Taking Off in the Communications Service Provider (CSP) Sector
- Serverless Computing May Open Up New Compute Opportunities to Security Providers
- The Impact
- Integrated Security
- People-Centric Security and Behavior
- Securing the Consumer
- Security Automation
- The Shift to Detection and Response
- Skills Shortages Are Driving Spend for Security Services
- New Market Segments Are Being Created, and Existing Segments Are Being Transformed
- CISOs Are Changing How They Measure the Success of Their Security Strategy
- The Impact
Background and Context
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.