Technology strategic planners for software providers should expect the global SCM software market to grow about 10% annually through 2021. Vendors must accommodate trends such as digital business, enhanced decision making, supply chain visibility, scalability and adaptability.
- Companion Documents
- What Has Driven Growth and Spend in SCM Software?
- What Will Growth Look Like Through 2021?
- What Will Sustain and Grow the Market?
- What's Next: Suites and the Need to Embody Analytics, IoT and Digital Business
- Convergence of Disparate Solutions Into Suites
- Enhanced Insight and Decision Making
- Smart Machines and IoT
- Digital Business
- Company Adoption
- Purchase Style Adoption
- Replacement Purchase Style
- Functional Expansion and User Expansion
Market Model or Methodology
- Forecast Components
- Traditional License Forecast
- Cloud Forecast
- Subscription/Hosted Forecast
- OSS Forecast
- SCM Revenue Forecast
- Negotiated Factors
- Demand-Side Influencing Factors
- Company Adoption
- Purchase Style
- Functional Expansion
- Unit Expansion
- Macroeconomic and Regulatory Factors
- Supply-Side Influencing Factors
- Hardware and Software Technology Innovation
- Business and Technology Roadmaps
- Product Design and Pricing
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.