This research outlines five best practices that life science CIOs should take to improve artificial intelligence capabilities in R&D. Leading-edge AI projects in the industry illuminate the potential of AI to accelerate innovation and align with best practices.
- Learn How AI-Related Terms Fit Together and What They Represent
- Have the Anthropomorphism Discussion About AI When Describing the Potential of the Technology Versus the Often Unrealistic Expectations of Business Users
- Remind Peers and Staff That "Cognitive" Is More Associated With Brands and Is Generally Not a Specific Technology
- Outline How AI Technology Will Be Used to Increase Data Science and Advanced Analytics Capabilities
- Use Existing Life Science Case Studies to Support Specific R&D Business Cases
- A Top-20 Pharmaceutical Company (Europe) R&D IT Director Addresses Unrealistic AI Expectations by Executives
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.