Enterprise ecosystems enabling HPC workloads are struggling to provision for unprecedented demand and technology advances. I&O leaders responsible for managing HPC ecosystems should use this decision framework to design an effective HPC infrastructure strategy.
- Evaluate Compatibility of Delivery Models With HPC Workload Profiles
- Qualify and Quantify HPC Software and Data Movement Requirements
- Software Costs and Licensing Models
- HPC Data Management Requirements and the Impact on Clouds
- Focus on HPC Infrastructure Utilization and Refresh Cycles
- Infrastructure Utilization Rates
- Infrastructure Refresh Cycle
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.